The saying is that you are what you eat. Furthermore, it is no secret that we should all concentrate more on living a healthy lifestyle. That means cooking, however, for which we require oils and fats. There are numerous so-called “healthy fats” out there but finding which one is best can be somewhat of a struggle. However, a new product is now available, which is Hump Fat. Let’s take a look at what this is and why you may need it.
What Do You Get for Your Money with Desert Farms Hump Fat?
Hump fat is like a desert super food. It is made from the fats of camel humps and has a creamy, beautiful taste. Most importantly, however, it is filled with healthy elements above and beyond those found in any other type of fat or oil. Manufactured by Desert Farms, the product claims to be the ultimate in healthy eating.
Who Are Desert Farms?
Desert Farms is a company founded and owned by Walid Abdul-Wahab, who is committed to living a healthy lifestyle. The farm produces some of the highest quality camel milk, used by various nutritional experts, nutritionists, and even biohackers. The product is geared specifically to those following diets such as casein-free, gluten-free, keto, and paleo, and is said to significantly improve the immune system.
Benefits of Hump Fat
Camel meat and camel milk is popular in various countries around the world, particularly for special occasions. The hump fat, meanwhile, is known to be incredibly nutritious as well as delicious. Because camels can survive in desert environments, they have some of the strongest bodies in the animal kingdom, able to store a range of nutrition in their fat. Research has shown that hump fat contains biotin, vitamins A, B12, E, and K, beta carotene, palmitoleic acid, stearic acid, lauric acid, caprice acid, arachidonic acid, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), and oleic acid (Omega 9), to name but a few.
Perhaps the most important element of this is vitamin B12, which is essential for digestion, healthy skin and hair, heart health, memory, energy, and mood. One tablespoon of hump fat contains as much as 40% of the daily recommended amount of B12. Furthermore, the smoke point of hump fat is much higher than even avocado oil. This is why it is so good for cooking, as it means none of the nutrition will vanish when cooking. It can equally be used as a dipping sauce or be consumed directly.
Hump fat is filled with different fatty acids. Omega 9, for instance, is found in coconut oil but the levels in hump fat are three times as high. This fatty acid is vital for fat burning and is what makes olive oil so healthy. Meanwhile, lauric acid is what makes coconut oil so healthy and the levels in hump fat are far greater. It also contains various important antioxidants that help boost the immune system, the metabolic system, and muscle growth, while at the same time lowering cholesterol levels and helping to boost weight loss.
According to Desert Farms, their hump fat contains 31 different fatty acids as well as a range of important vitamins and nutrients. Additionally, it is certified paleo and keto, gluten free, and halal. This means anyone, regardless of their dietary choices or lifestyle, can use it and enjoy its health benefits. As it is sourced from wild camels who live in the Australian desert, it is also not contaminated by unnatural hormones in food or pollution.
Desert Farms Hump Fat Product Facts and Ingredients
Desert Farms is completely open and transparent about the nutritional facts of their product. Hence, a single serving (one table spoon or 14 grams) of hump fat contains:
- 120 calories.
- 13g of fat, of which 40% is saturated and no transfats.
- 10 mg of cholesterol.
- No sodium.
- Less than 1g of carbohydrates (no dietary fiber or sugar).
The vitamins and minerals contained within that same serving include:
- 1mg of potassium.
- 21mcg of vitamin A.
- 1mg of vitamin E.
- 1mcg of vitamin B12.
- 1mcg of biotin.
Prices and What You Get With The Hump Fat
Different purchasing options are available. At the time of this writing, those options were:
- The basic purchase option of a single 14oz jar, which currently has a 10% discount and costs $19 instead of $21.
- The most popular option of buy two get one free, which currently has a 15% discount and costs $52 instead of $73.
- The best value option of a one year supply, which includes six 14oz jars and comes with free shipping and a 35% discount. It costs $95 instead of $136.
The Pros and Cons of Hump Fat
- The product is sourced from wild camels and therefore completely pure.
- It has been rendered traditionally, ensuring all of the nutrition is fully preserved.
- The taste is incredibly good, which is why it is considered a delicacy in so many countries.
- It is certified keto, paleo, gluten free, and halal.
- It is packed with important vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids, including a very high amount of vitamin B12. The benefits associated with these nutrients have been scientifically proven.
- It is a very stable fat with a high smoke point, which means you can use it for cooking and not lose any of its goodness.
- It is available in various purchasing options.
- It comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
- It’s not the cheapest product on the market.
- While the company offers a “one year supply”, it is not clear how much you can use on a daily basis if you want it to last one year. If you were to use it for cooking, dipping sauces, and simply on food, it may not be enough.
The Bottom Line
Hump fat is a scientifically proven to be healthy fat, above and beyond other “super oils” such as coconut oil and olive oil. It helps to increase energy, boost the immune system, and speed up the metabolism. Desert Farms have also focused on ensuring the fat is of the highest possible quality so that you can enjoy all the health benefits associated with it. It isn’t cheap, but it is certainly worth it. 100% recommended!