Honestly! A Simple Pair Of Glasses That Will Aid Restless Sleep And Reduce Eyestrain… Are These Glasses Really The Answer To Staring At A Screen All Day…?
Let’s face it… We all spend too much time staring at our computers, tablets, and smart phones. But did you know that the blue light emitted from these screens has a proven detrimental effect on your health? Not only does it strain your eyes, but it also plays havoc with your normal sleep patterns.
So when we came across Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses that purport to putting an end to these harmful rays for good, we were, naturally, pretty cynical. But never let it be said that we put a product down without discovering real and valid reason to hate it…
If you’re planning on spending out your hard earned bucks on a pair of Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses, then be sure to give us a couple of minutes of your time to read what we discovered. We think you’ll be glad that you did…
What do you get for your money Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses?
So, what you’re purchasing is a pair of the Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses. The reason for wearing them is to shield your eyes from the blue light emitted by phones, tablets, computers, TVs and modern room lighting. Using them will provide you with the following positive effects:
- Eye protection: The powerful orange lenses block more blue light than any other computer reading glasses on the market today. They have an anti-reflective and anti-glare lens coating that’s way superior to other, seemingly similar, products out there. This will assist in protecting the eyes against macular degeneration, sore eyes, headaches, and fatigue.
- Aids sleep: The blue light emitted by these screens has been scientifically proven to shut down the body’s natural melatonin production – the so-called ‘sleep’ hormone. This then causes difficulty in getting to sleep, remaining asleep, achieving truly restful sleep, and – in severe cases – true insomnia, meaning you resort to various medications to allow you to actually get any sleep at all.
- FDA approved: Unlike other cheaper glasses, Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses are FDA registered, and have been extensively researched, designed, and manufactured to specifically block blue light at the wavelengths proven to suppress the body’s natural production of melatonin.
- Acetate frames: These are environmentally friendly (compared to petroleum based plastics), strong, lightweight, and flexible. They can also be shaped to your face, ensuring a perfect fit,
- And they look pretty cool, too!: Unlike most computer and gaming glasses, the Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses are heads above in the coolness stakes…
When should you wear the Swannies Blue Light Blocking glasses?
The makers recommend that you wear them at any time you’re using your digital devices for extended periods of time. This will prevent digital eye strain. In particular, it’s strongly recommended to wear your Swannies for at least one hour before bed to prevent the artificial blue light from disrupting your sleep. Many report even better results for wearing them even earlier before bed time
Who is Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses for?
Do you use a computer, cell phone, tablet, or TV? Do you have lighting in your home or workspace? Then hey – Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses are for you. And if you find you’re suffering from eye strain and/or sleep disturbances, then these little babies could be just what you’re looking for to kick these annoyances into touch once and for all.
The Pros and Cons of Swannies Glasses
- Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses can prevent both short and long term eye damage. From eye strain and sore eyes right through to macular degeneration caused by the blue light emitted from your devices.
- By reducing the amount of blue light, you can bring your body’s melatonin hormone levels back to normal, so aiding a truly restful nights sleep
- The glasses are 100% UV rated and will protect your eyes from harmful glare.
- You’ll notice an immediate reduction in digital eye strain when you start using your Swannies. Sleep improvement will be noticed within a few nights.
- The biggest ‘con’ is that blue light from our digital devices is working away at all of us at what is often an unnoticed level. The early signs of macular degeneration tend to go unnoticed – it’s not until it’s well developed that we tend to realize there’s a problem. In addition, we might not associate a disruptive sleep patterns with blue light, simply putting it down to stress, worry, anxiety, and/or age…
The Bottom Line
Well, we have to say, Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses certainly gave us a kick up the backside. Because not only do they do exactly as the title suggests, but using them can have a massively positive effect on your health.
Additionally – and perhaps even more importantly – we should be making sure our kids protect their eyes from this harmful blue light. After all, they probably spend even more time in front of a screen than adults do – and therefore are doubly in need of blue light protection.
All in all, we have to say the for the money, Swannies Blue Light Blocking Glasses are pretty much the best there are on the market today. We only get one set of eyes, so we owe it to ourselves to look after them. In a nutshell, Swannies rock!