So, the creator of Carb Back-Loading, John Keifer, is trying to tell us that not only is it possible to scoff all those “banned” foods that you’d never normally put anywhere near your lips, but that you also can cut your workouts down to just three times per week! Oh, and never have to worry about doing any cardio work…
Well, we don’t know about you – but when something sounds too good to be true, then it usually is. However, the Carb Back-Loading program has a multitude of happy takers. And it’s for this reason that we’ve decided to take a look at what the program really involves. After all, we (and undoubtedly you as well), would just love to discover the secret to eating what we want and still looking like the puppy’s privates, eh!
Cue a down and dirty look at the program that promises you can “eat like a pig and still get ripped.” And what we discovered certainly makes for interesting reading…
What do you get for your money with Carb Back-Loading?
Okay, so Carb Back-Loading is a digitally provided, instant download program that works on an intricate understanding of how every human body burns and stores fat and builds muscle. It uses the following principles:
- Timed Insulin Release: Contrary to popular opinion, the theory behind this is that the levels of insulin in the body should be kept as low as possible for the first half of the day. They should then be spiked late at night.
- MTOR Stimulation: This is about one of the powerful regulators of tissue growth in the body – called mammalian target of rapamycin (or mTOR for short). In fact, this is a key component of the program, and is all about losing fat whilst still keeping and even gaining muscle.
- TGLUT Manipulation: This is all about glucose transporters and the way that they move around within a cell – a process known as translocation. GLUT transport blood sugar (glucose) into the cells of the body either for storage as fat or to be used as energy. And by understanding this, it’s possible to literally prevent the fat cells from storing carbs as fat, as well as accelerating muscle growth.
- Circadian Rhythms: Did you know that the time of day influences everything in the body – from insulin sensitivity to peak alertness. And once you know how this works, you can literally manipulate aspects of your training – such as what you eat and how you train – to be more anabolic, and with greater fat burning potential.
- Resistance Training: Choosing your food and training time, as well as combining this with greater resistance training, can trigger more anabolic hormones and positive regulators of muscle growth, therefore amplifying your fat loss and muscle growth and size.
- Modulated Tissue Response (MTR): This is all about the ability to signal to certain types of tissues in the body to grow, whilst signaling to others to shrink in size.
Who is Carb Back-Loading for?
Want to lose the fat? Want to give yourself the greatest muscle growing potential? Want to get the body you’ve always dreamed of having? If the answers to all of these is a resounding YES, then Carb Back-Loading might well have been written specifically with you in mind. [wplapdance name=”CarbBackLoading”]
And it matters not whether you’re young or old, male or female, fat or thin, body builder or athlete, because this little baby works on principles that we can all take maximum advantage from. Granted, if you’ve been a donut eating, Coke swilling couch potato for the past 20 years, then you’re going to find Carb Back-Loading somewhat of a challenge. But hey! We’ve all gotta start somewhere.
Who is John Keifer?
Hmmm, where to start when describing the creator of Carb Back-Loading? Well, John is first and foremost an exercise scientist. He’s also an expert on nutrition, as well as having a career in physics that he exploits to the highest degree to understand exactly how to force the human body to lose fat, gain muscle and increase fitness performance. He’s also the author of the successful book, Carb-Nite Solution.
And not only that, but he’s got a pretty awesome body as well. Living proof that his techniques really do work!
The Pros and Cons of Carb Back-Loading
- One of the best things about Carb Back-Loading is that you get to understand the exact reasons why you need to eat and train at the optimum times. After all, who on earth wants to be told that you “should’ do something, without being told the reasons why. And every single exercise and nutrition point contained in the program is backed up by hard scientific research and evidence.
- Gone are the days when you need to devote half of your life to the gym and working out. Because with Carb Back-Loading, not only do you increase your knowledge of how the body works, but you can be sure that the rest of your life doesn’t have to be put on hold why you try in vain to get the physique you want. It’s the training program for the man (or woman) who has a life outside of training as well.
- The results are fast! Real fast. Because by manipulating the body to work in the way it’s meant to, rather than quick fixes that are only transient, you’ll start seeing a change within days of starting. And the best thing is, that once you understand the reasons behind Carb Back-Loading, you can change your exercise and nutrition forever – meaning the results you see will also remain with you forever.
- And, for those who crave for the odd treat of “bad” food, with Carb Back-Loading there never needs to be a food that’s forbidden ever again. Period.
- The program is simple to follow, working on a basic 1,2,3 system that’s easy to understand and stick to.
- Okay, so probably the only “con” that we discovered about Carb Back-Loading is that this really is a nutrition based program. And whilst it does touch onto training and exercises, this is mainly all about the science behind the diet.
- Oh – and for those of you who are stuck in your ways and beliefs, then you’re going to have to put all that to one side and embrace a totally different way of thinking. But once you start to see the results, then we know you’re gonna become a convert, just like thousands of other people.
The Bottom Line
Well, in case you haven’t worked it out yet, we luuuuuurve Carb Back-Loading. What a great book, and one that’s written in a method that, while easy to understand, treats you like the adult you are as well.
Backed up with real and tested scientific research, Carb Back-Loading is something that every sportsperson, athlete and guy (or girl) on the street who just wants to look as good as possible can gain a great deal from. In our humble opinion, this is some of the most cutting edge stuff we’ve seen in a long time about why all the old held beliefs about carbs are simply wrong. And the results certainly speak for themselves…