- 1 How LLLT Regrows Hair and Halts Hair Loss
- 2 Best Laser Caps on the Market: 2021 Devices
- 3 illumiflow 148 and illumiflow 272 Laser Cap Hair Growth System
- 4 iRestore Laser Hair Growth System
- 5 CapillusUltra, CapillusPlus and CapillusPro Laser Cap Hair Regrowth System
- 6 HairMax Laser 272 Hair Regrowth System
- 7 Kiierr Laser Cap Hair Growth System: 148 Pro and 272 Premier
- 8 iGrow Hair Rejuvenation System
- 9 How to Get the Most Out of Any Laser Hair Growth System
- 10 Bottom Line Are Laser Cap Hair Growth Systems Worth It?
Watching your hair fall out, either due to genetics, medical treatments, medications, over styling or otherwise is difficult to experience and is devastating to the self-esteem.
While there are many reasons for hair loss, androgenetic alopecia remains the most common culprit, affecting over 30 million American women and 50 million men.
Thankfully, there are treatments available that can address the life-altering issue of hair loss in both men and women, no matter the cause.
One such treatment is a safe and effective solution for hair loss that utilizes low-level laser therapy via laser caps to treat the issue.
That is what we will be exploring today, learning about various laser caps on the market and how they work to promote hair regrowth and prevent additional hair loss and which are the best products available today.
First, before outlining specific devices, we will consider how lasers work to promote hair growth and then look deeper into individual devices as we outline the best laser caps for hair regrowth in 2021.
How LLLT Regrows Hair and Halts Hair Loss
Each of the devices we will consider in our look at the best laser caps use low-level laser therapy, or LLLT, to stimulate hair roots at the cellular level and promote hair growth.
These cool energy, safe lasers have been FDA-cleared and clinically proven to encourage hair regrowth and are a great alternative to more invasive surgical procedures.
In fact, LLLT is considered the safest way to support hair growth and prevent hair loss, and laser caps are one of the easiest ways to utilize this technology and to effectively promote hair regrowth from the comfort and privacy of your home.
Keep in mind, as with any treatment, the results are not instant.
In many cases, it will take months of regular use to see any discernible results.
That doesn’t mean the treatment isn’t working, though. It just takes time for the hair to progress through growing cycles, which is necessary for new hair growth.
Best Laser Caps on the Market: 2021 Devices
The following is a comprehensive look at some of the best laser cap devices on the market today.
We will consider what they offer, their cost, and other factors to help you make the best decision possible when choosing one of these hair loss systems to regrow hair:
illumiflow 148 and illumiflow 272 Laser Cap Hair Growth System
Designed to provide maximum coverage to your scalp through 272 laser emitting diodes, the illumiflow laser cap hair regrowth system is considered one of the best in the industry. The hair growth system has been tested and meets all clinical and safety regulations and has been proven effective at treating a receding hairline, hair thinning and hair loss. It also strengthens existing hair.
Pros of the illumiflow Laser Cap
- Hand’s free design for ease-of-use.
- Features a 30-minute auto-shut-off system.
- Uses ONLY medical grade lasers.
- Has been FDA-cleared.
- Illumiflow 148 laser cap: $549.00
- Illumiflow 272 laser cap: $799.00
- Compare the 148 vs 272 laser caps
iRestore Laser Hair Growth System
This product from iRestore claims to effectively treat receding hairline, balding, thinning hair, and other forms of alopecia. It has been clinically studied and tested, ensuring effectiveness. It is applicable for treating hair loss in both men and women and this hair growth system laser device can be combined with other treatments for hair loss with no fear of interactions.
Pros of the iRestore Laser Hair Growth System
- It was developed in GMP-certified facilities.
- It is FDA-approved.
- It is lightweight.
- It has been clinically proven and tested.
- Comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Ergonomic design.
iRestore Essential Model: $545.00
iRestore Professional: $1,195
CapillusUltra, CapillusPlus and CapillusPro Laser Cap Hair Regrowth System
There are three levels of this laser cap by Capillus. They are each designed to be used just six minutes daily. The laser therapy used in these caps was developed by physicians and is medically prescribed by dermatologists and medical doctors.
It can also be used in combination with prescription medications or with other hair loss treatments.
Pros of Capillus Laser Cap
- It offers a flexible fit for ease-of-use no matter the size of your head.
- It is an ISO-certified product.
- It is FDA-cleared.
- CapillusUltra Laser Cap(560mW): $799.00
- CapillusPlus Laser Cap (101mW): $1,699.00
- CapillusPro Laser Cap (1360mW): $2,499.00
HairMax Laser 272 Hair Regrowth System
Manufacturers claim that using this system will increase your average hair count by 129 new hairs per square inch.
This HairMax product is recommended by doctors and is specifically designed to address hair loss brought on by pattern baldness, age-related issues, menopause, postpartum and heredity. It is designed to provide optimal results thanks to a maximum level of diode density.
Pros of the HairMax Laser Cap
- It has 14 international medical device licenses.
- It has been clinically studied for effectiveness and safety.
- It is FDA-cleared.
- It features 100% medical-grade lasers.
Purchase Price: $1,899.00
Kiierr Laser Cap Hair Growth System: 148 Pro and 272 Premier
This system comes with a laser cap and a full system of hair care products as well, including shampoo and conditioner, and hair development supplements. Of course, if you so desire, you can opt instead to just buy the device itself without the supplements or hair care products. The Kiierr hair growth system is one of the easiest to use and only requires the user to wear the device for 30 minutes daily. It is a hand’s free device that can go where you go and doesn’t tie you down.
Pros of the Kiierr Laser Cap Hair Growth System
- Comes with a seven-month money-back guarantee but BE CAREFUL they have lots of stipulations and requirements for you to even be considered for a refund. See here.
- Is FDA-cleared for use in both women and men.
- Has a 93% success rate in clinical trials.
Your purchase price will depend on if you buy just the device itself or the whole hair growth system. See the options below:
- Kiierr 148 Pro Laser Cap $595
- Kiierr 272 Premier Laser Cap $845
- Kiierr 148 Pro Laser Cap (with complete hair care system) $675
- Kiierr 272 Premier Laser Cap (with complete hair care system) $925
iGrow Hair Rejuvenation System
This product by iGrow uses LLLT to stimulate and rejuvenate the cells, preventing hair loss. It has also been shown to promote hair growth in clinical tests, showing an increase in hair count in men by 35% and by 37% in women in just 16 week’s time. It has customizable headphones, aux hooks and adjustable columns to cover the entire scalp comfortably.
Pros of the iGrow Hair Rejuvenation System
- Offers dual voltage for worldwide use.
- It is lightweight.
- Has a one-year manufacturer guarantee and a six-month money-back guarantee.
- FDA cleared
Purchase Price: $499.99
How to Get the Most Out of Any Laser Hair Growth System
Most of the companies outlined above have gone to great lengths to test and study their products. Consequently, they offer suggestions or instructions on how to use these products to garner the best results.
Therefore, it’s a good idea to read their instructions, study their clinical trials and get a good understanding of what you can reasonably expect from the laser hair growth system and how to make it as effective as possible. In general, it’s important to remember as mentioned above that hair growth is a process and many times you might shed more hair initially when beginning treatment.
Understanding what to expect can make all the difference in terms of your satisfaction with any laser cap treatment for hair growth.
Bottom Line Are Laser Cap Hair Growth Systems Worth It?
Choosing any of the systems outlined above in the best laser caps for hair regrowth list is a great way to combat hair loss and promote hair growth and fuller, thicker hair.
However, as with any treatment, it won’t work the same on each person.
Therefore, be patient and do your research beforehand when investing in any of these systems.